Hey, my two readers! 😉 Most of ya’ll don’t know much about the blog world, but are slowly learning through me that there are daily “themes” and weekly “events”. I only participate in What I Ate Wednesday, Work Out Wednesday, and Weekly Phone Dump. There are probably hundreds of different themes/events, but there is no reason to overload your reader.
Some bloggers also create themed quizzes as a “get to know you” post. One of my favorite bloggers, Janae, created this quiz for National Running Day. She is a hardcore runner and I’m not nearly in her league; however, the quiz is still fun and I figured I would participate. Oh, and no, this quiz does NOT mean I miss school….just to clarify.
1. On average how many races do you run a year? I burned myself out of road races a long time ago. I will only run adventure races now and I can only run those when my friends willing to come along. Soooo….1-2 adventure races a year. I would love to do 1 per month, but that’s not possible!
2. Head accessories, things you have to run with: a hat, a visor, sunglasses, chapstick, sunscreen, head band, ponytail, braids, sweat band? Always a hat or visor, sunglasses, chapstick, sunscreen, and extra ponytail holders.
3. Where do your workouts come from? A training plan, a coach, whatever you feel like doing that day or what your training partner is doing that day? I create my workouts, but they aren’t random. I’m really good about working different muscle groups daily and constantly changing/challenging myself and my participants/clients….ya’ll agree!?! 😉
4. How many miles on average do you put on a pair of shoes? Ughhh. This is such a problem for me–I go through shoes WAYYYY too fast. The answer to this question totally depends on the shoe. If I only run in the shoe the pair will last me 400 miles; however, since I also cross train in my shoes they last me 250 miles.
5. Cell phone= do you bring it with you on your run or leave it at home? I always bring it in case of an emergency (I learned my lesson twice…). I also use it as my iPod if I am runnning solo. I have it wrapped up and tucked away, so I rarely check it/answer it on a run.
6. What was your last running related injury or have you been an injury free runner? Ohhhh injuries….the bane of a runner’s existence. I have chronic hamstring problems due to a severe hamstring tear (my semitendinous ripped from its orgin at the ishium for those of you that care/can comprehend that anatomy) I acquired last fall. Lesson learned: do not run 18-miles and immediately sit in a car for 4 hours without stretching/cooling down. I didn’t run for 7 weeks and 2 days after that tear. Yeh, I kept track…that shouldn’t surprise you.
Another lesson learned….do not do a long run on the beach. You risk getting plantar fasciitis and that sucker takes months to heal. I have also had a dog bite my ankle! He weighed about five pounds and experienced some air time after that bite…
7. What is your current running goal? None…I just try to stay in marathon shape. I’m done with speed training, etc. I know can push myself to be faster if I really wanted to, but why!? You can’t speed run through adventure races!
8. Do you prefer to run alone, with 1-2 people, or in a large group? 1-2 people! Talking/catching up makes running fly by! I don’t mind running solo (with Cody, of course) as long as I have my podcasts.
9. Stretching after a run: hit the ground after a run and get stretching, stretch in the shower, stretch once you get to work/school, skip the stretching? Nope. None. 100% of the time I go from running to teaching a group-ex class.
10. What was your reason(S) for starting to run? I have no idea. I started running the fabulous Birmingham hills when I was in high school and have been an addict ever since.
I do know that I now run because 1) I can 2) I truly enjoy it 3) I’m addicted to endorphins 4) it makes me a happier/better person 100% of the time. There have been times in my life that I’ve been told to go for a run b/c that person knows that I’ll be much nicer when I return from the run. 😉
So, there ya go….my first blog quiz. I’m sure it was thrilling to read. 😉 Feel free to link it to your blog or answer a few of the questions yourself in the comments!
Aside from a few runs, Philip and I got A LOT done on Baby B’s Puzzle.
Those dang bricks to the left of me are sooooooo hard. Thank you so much, everyone, for purchasing a pice of our puzzle. We still have plenty of pieces left, so it’s not too late to click this link to purchase a piece. We truly appreciate your generosity.
Onto the phone dump….such randomness, but I really enjoy viewing the random pics taken by other bloggers. Perhaps that just crazy me being just that—crazy. Here are some of my pics from the week.
So, what is the most random pic on your phone from this past week?